The ready-made packages of Hot Cocoa all have milk powder included in the ingredients to make it very easy to prepare. You just have to boil water, mix, and stir.
The Dairy-Free version is just as easy, believe it or not, and just as tasty. The bonus of making it yourself is, you can control how much sweetener you put in it. I made it cappuccino-style by frothing the coconut milk on top rather than adding marshmallows.
Vegan Hot cocoa with Peppermint Crunch
Exclusive Dairy-Free/Vegan Recipe by GourmetMariChef
- 12 oz. So Delicious® Coconut Milk
- 1 tbsp. Vegan Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 tbsp. more or less sugar
- Frothed Coconut Milk and Peppermint Crunch
- Warm the Coconut Milk and whisk the Cocoa Powder and sugar in while it is warming.
- Froth the Coconut Milk, place a dollop on top, and sprinkle with Peppermint Crunch