Those bruised and battered bananas that are sitting on your counter are now recipe ready! As a matter of fact, if they aren’t ripe enough, they can’t be mashed appropriately for this recipe.
Not only are these loaves delicious, dairy-free, and nutritious, with a few variables, you can also make them gluten and nut free.
Quick Banana Bread
Classic Banana Bread Recipe is adapted from Better Homes and Gardens® by GourmetMariChef
- 2 c. flour
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 c. mashed bananas
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ c. dairy-free butter substitute
- 3 tbsp. dairy free milk (almond, rice, coconut)
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. chopped walnuts or pecans
- Mix together the first 7 ingredients, using only 1 c. of flour, reserving the other cup of flour for later.
- Using an electric mixer on low first, beat for 2 minutes, gradually increasing the speed to high.
- Next, add in the eggs and the 1 c. of reserved flour and mix for another minute.
- If you prefer, add in the nuts (you can make one loaf nut-free).
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 50-60 minutes, or when a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. You may need to cover the top if it is browning too much.