I saved one last jar of my homemade blueberry jam from last summer, knowing that during the long cold months of winter I would likely use it in a recipe. The jam was just the right amount of fruity, summery flavor needed for a cold winter’s morning.
Cinnamon Crumble Coffee Cake with a Blueberry Swirl
Adapted by GourmetMariChef from Betty Crocker™ Blueberry Best Coffee Cake
pre-heat oven to 375°
Grease the inside of a ‘removable bottom’ tube pan.
- 2 c. flour
- ½ c. sugar
- ¼ c. shortening or dairy-free butter substitute
- ¾ c. dairy free milk
- 1 egg
- 2 ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¾ tsp. salt
- 4 tbsp. blueberry jam
- Combine all of the above ingredients in a large bowl, except the jam.
- Beat by hand or with a mixer for a few minutes. If it is too thick, add a little more dairy free milk.
- Scoop the batter into the pre-greased tube pan.
- Dollop the jam here and there and swirl.
- Sprinkle with Cinnamon Crumble, recipe below*.
- Bake 45 min. Cake is done when a knife is inserted and comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes and remove from pan.
*Cinnamon Crumble: Combine ¼ c. sugar, ¼ c. brown sugar, 1/3 c. flour, ½ tsp. cinnamon. Cut in ¼ c. dairy-free butter substitute until crumbly.