Most breakfasts on the run are usually made in a toaster. The pre-made frozen breakfasts are taken from the freezer and simply defrosted until heated through. These quick breakfasts are average at best. Many have no nutritional value, and have a high sodium and fat content.
In that same amount of time, you can treat yourself to a wholesome and delicious breakfast that has the nourishment you need to get you through your day. With a little advance planning, you can have whole grain and fruit filled goodness that can’t be compared to a frozen and reheated preservative laden meal.
3 Ingredient Raspberry Quick Jam - No Pectin Necessary
Breakfast on the run made healthy, wholesome, and Dairy-Free.
Recipe written by GourmetMariChef. To make the toast extra nourishing, I toasted Whole Foods™ Organic Whole Grain Bread.
- 1 6 oz. pack of Organic Raspberries, rinsed
- 3 tbsp. organic honey
- 1 cut end of a lemon
- a few tbsp. water
- In a small stainless steel pot, add the raspberries, honey and the lemon.
- Add in the water and simmer on low, stirring while keeping an eye on it.
- Keep simmering until it thickens. It will be thick even without pectin.
- Assemble on toasted Organic Whole Grain Bread with Kite Hill® Dairy Free Spreadable Soft Ricotta style cheese. Add fresh fruit on top.
- This jam will keep in the refrigerator for 1 week, but it will be used up in a few days as it is great swirled into yogurt or on pancakes.