Cooking together after working all day is a great way to unwind and have fun. And what better way to impress your loved one than making a sweet treat after your meal. No need to battle the crowds at all the restaurants. The time you spend together is much more precious than the lines, noise, and traffic going out!
Romantic Valentines Dessert Heart Waffles
Delicious treat that can be served for Breakfast, Brunch, even Breakfast for Dinner, or Dessert
Adapted by GourmetMariChef from bhg.com; waffles. They are 100% dairy free.
- 1 ¾ c. flour
- 1 tbsp. baking soda, ¼ tsp. salt, 2 tbsp. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¾ c. milk substitute
- 1/2 c. cooking oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla
pre-heat waffle maker
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the dry ingredients and set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs and all the wet ingredients lightly until combined.
- Add the dry and wet ingredients together gently mixing but not over beating.
- Drop batter by 2 tbsp. onto pre-heated waffle maker and close. An electric waffle maker will let you know when it’s done, the old fashioned stove top version needs to be approximated, usually 30 seconds on each side. You may burn a few until you time it perfectly.
- You can cut the waffles with a Heart-Shaped cookie cutter if you don’t have the Heart -Shaped waffle iron.
- Serve with strawberries, dairy-free whipped cream, syrup, or any variation of your choice. Try agave syrup or honey for a change.
- Any leftovers can be frozen to enjoy for the next 2 weeks.