Just a few simple ingredients and a blender is all you need to make your own delicious, fresh hummus. The fresh cooked Organic Beet that I added gives it a unique taste and is so much more nutritious. The entire prep time is only 15 minutes if you pre-cooked the beet the day before.
Organic Beet & Roasted Garlic Hummus
A nutritious addition to regular Hummus, the Beet is not only aesthetically beautiful, it is good for you.
Recipe written by GourmetMariChef. This recipe is Vegan, Dairy-Free, and Gluten-Free.
- 1 boiled and skinned organic red beet, save the water
- 3 cloves of roasted garlic, I placed them in my toaster oven for a few minutes on 350°
- 2 tbsp. cold pressed and unfiltered organic extra virgin olive oil
- ½ organic lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp. tahini
- 1 15.5 oz. can of organic chickpeas, drain the liquid.
- 2-3 tbsp. warm beet water (from cooking the beet)
- ½ tsp. cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut up the boiled beet into the blender. I only used ¾ and reserved the rest to grate for garnishing on top of the hummus.
- Add the next 5 ingredients and pulse to blend.
- Add a little beet water into the blender, and mix on high until it is smooth.
- Season with the cumin, salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with cut up veggies, crackers, or homemade oven potato chips* (below).
- Wash 2-3 organic potatos and cut them on a thick setting using a mandolin. Place them in a single layer in the oven on a non-stick cookie sheet at 375° until browned on the edges. Needs flipping ½ way through. Can be flavored as you like.