Do you want to boost the flavor and nutrition of your basic prepared dishes by one million? Then it’s time to get out the parsley and start chopping. By garnishing your vegetables, meats, or seafood with this Italian herbal condiment you will have provided a much-needed nutritional addition to your diet. It is beneficial to your heart, blood and digestion and helps strengthen your immune system. It can be made easily by hand, no food processor necessary.
Gremolata, a Parsley Powerpunch
A nutritious Italian herbal condiment that provides flavor and color to your meals.
Adapted from a recipe in the BHG Magazine by GourmetMariChef
- ½ a bunch of rinsed, dried and trimmed Italian parsley leaves.
- 2 cloves of finely chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp. finely grated lemon zest
- Finely chop the ingredients and place in a bowl. Combine together and sprinkle on your next vegetable, meat or seafood recipe. If you want to release the flavors and aromas even more, grind the ingredients with a mortar and pestle. The grinding action will release more intense flavors and aromas for your food preparations.
- I sprinkled ½ of the Gremolata on the shrimp before grilling and the remaining ½ when plating to give them more flavor.