Most grocery stores now have a ‘club-sized’ aisle that allows you to buy a larger amount of their products at a better price. I couldn’t pass up the fresh organic blueberries on sale, so I stocked up.
A good portion of them were eaten fresh, but there was still enough left to use in a recipe as well. I love blueberry muffins with that crispy, cinnamon sugary topping but I wanted to make the recipe my own. Instead of individual muffins, I placed the batter in a loaf pan and the result was amazing!
Sugar Topped Blueberry Muffin Loaf
A loaf style blueberry muffin that bakes with a delicious sugary top.
Adapted from Food.com: Blueberry Muffins-Dairy Free
Recipe by: GourmetMariChef
- 1 c. washed and dried fresh blueberries
- 1 ¾ c. flour
- ¼ c. sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ c. canola oil
- 1 egg
- ½ c. rice milk
- ¼ tsp. vanilla
- Cinnamon/sugar topping to sprinkle on the loaf before baking: 3 tbsp. coarse sugar and 1/8 tsp. cinnamon mixed together.
preheat oven to 400°, grease and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar together.
- Gently stir in the fresh blueberries.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg, oil, vanilla and water together.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the flour mixture until combined.
- Gently fill the loaf pan and sprinkle the cinnamon/sugar topping on before baking
- Bake for 55-60 minutes until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.