I’ve been visiting Michigan for a few days and I must say, it is a fantastic place to see! I was impressed with the amazing variety of foods offered at the local eateries, and the mini-vacay was much needed. I have many new recipe ideas and a few traditional recipes that I modified to make them Gluten-free.
This tantalizing sauce is a great accompaniment to fish, beef, pork, poultry or roasted vegetables. The sauce originated in Northeastern Spain and is found in many different variations all along the Mediterranean Coast.
Whether served as a dip, sauce or sandwich spread, it will take your mundane meal to an exciting delicious gourmet feast. Impress your guests with the delightfully rich taste of the Mediterranean Coast.
Roasted Cauliflower with Romesco Sauce (Gluten-Free & Dairy Free)
Wonderful and Robust dipping sauce with a variety of uses.
Recipe by Gourmet Mari Chef
- 4 ripe tomatoes, par boiled to remove skin, de-seeded and cup up
- 1/3 c. drained and cut up roasted red peppers
- 1 toasted slice of Udi’s® gluten-free bread
- ¼ c. toasted almond slivers
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves of toasted garlic cut up
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ tsp. chile pepper
- 1 or 2 shakes of cayenne pepper
- ¼ – ½ c. extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste, a bit of paprika
- 1 head of cauliflower
- Combine the first 9 ingredients in a food processor.
- Add in the olive oil in a stream as it is spinning..
- When the sauce is finely chopped, add in salt to taste.
- Serve as a dip, a sauce, or a spread on a sandwich.
Cut up a head of cauliflower into bite sized pieces. Spritz with extra virgin olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Roast in a 350° oven for 10-15 minutes until tender crisp.