Even though the calendar says May, our weather seems to be stuck in March. Today was particularly cold and windy, and I hope my Jersey Tomatoes survive the possible frost warning tonight.
Not to be dismayed, it is the perfect time to fire up the oven and bake. I need the perfect cookie that can travel well, I’m bringing it to a potluck for dessert. Of course we will pair the cookies with vanilla cashew ice cream, so hopefully it warms up this week!
Celebration Sugar Cookies
Perfect DF GF cookie that almost has a buttery flavor, it makes any celebration, dessert, or pot-luck dinner into a special occasion.
Recipe by Gourmetmarichef
- 1 ½ c. Gluten Free Flour, I used King Arthur® Gluten Free Flour.
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 c. sugar
- ½ c. Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 extra large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp. Granulated Cane Sugar for rolling the cookies in. I used Sugat® Kosher Light Brown Sugar with no additives, preservatives or artificial color.
preheat oven to 350º
- In a mixing bowl, thoroughly blend the first 3 ingredients and set on the side.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, sugar and egg until fluffy.
- Add in the dry ingredients and blend, it may seem dry, but as you work it with your hands, the dough softens and becomes malleable.
- Make small balls out of the dough and roll the balls in course sugar until well coated.
- Place the sugary coated balls on an air bake baking sheet and flatten them a bit.
- Bake 11-14 minutes, you can turn the baking sheet around halfway through baking.
- The cookies are done when the edges are slightly browned.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool.