The first day of summer means quicker, easier recipes. I usually make all of my salad toppings from scratch, but this jar of pre-made sauce was too irresistable to pass up. It is Watcharee’s® Thai Peanut Sauce and the flavor is fresh, tangy and gourmet style. It’s also Gluten Free and Vegan!
Stir Fried Cabbage and Thai Peanut Sauce
A quick and easy summer salad that is even better the next day.
Recipe by gourmetmarichef
- ½ of a head of red cabbage finely sliced on a mandolin
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of canola or peanut oil
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 3 tbsp. white or rice vinegar, a dash salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp. Wathcaree’s® Thai Peanut Sauce
- garnishes: crushed peanuts, toasted sesame seeds, lime wedges, sliced scallions, a bit of siracha sauce
- Place the oil and garlic in a heated wok, or a sautè pan.
- Add in the cabbage, carrot, a dash of salt and pepper, and vinegar and toss until the cabbage is limp.
- If the liquid has evaporated, add in 1 tbsp of water so the cabbage doesn’t burn. Continue tossing.
- Add in the Thai Peanut Sauce and toss until fully coated.
- Serve immediately with any of the garnishes. To make it into a meal, add in cut up chicken or your favorite tofu.