My friend celebrated her 60th birthday and asked me to bake a cake. My vision was to bake a birthday cake a great as she is, so this cake fits the bill. I included my home-made pear sauce made with the harvest from our pear tree. To make her feel extra special, I decorated the cake with confections I brought back from Italy. The end result made her happy and the cake was absolutely delicious and dairy-free.
Cinnamon Spiced Pear Cake
Pears and cinnamon are a combination that makes a great tasting and moist cake.
Recipe by Gourmetmarichef
- 2 c. flour, gluten-free can be substituted.
- 1½ c. sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves and ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- ¼ c. coconut dream® coconut milk substitute
- 1 c. slightly cooked mashed pears; peel, core, and slice 3 pears and cook for 5 minutes to soften, straining the excess liquid, then mash.
- 3 eggs
- ¼ c. dairy free butter substitute (you can use coconut oil)
- ¼ c. canola or olive oil
preheat oven to 350°
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and sugar.
- Add in the mashed pears, milk substitute, butter substitute, oil, and vanilla.
- Mix on low to medium speed until smoothly combined, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time and continue mixing for another 3 minutes.
- Pour into any baking pan that is greased and floured and bake for 30-35 minutes. I used 8″ round pans, but a loaf pan is perfect as well.
- The cake is done when a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Frost with your desired frosting or leave plain.
- *My dairy-free frosting is in an archived recipe at: Dairy Free Chiffon Party Cupcakes