We are famous here in New Jersey for lots of things. Home of the Sopranos, the Jersey Shore crew, and some of the best Cranberry Bogs in the USA.
Why would anyone settle for canned cranberry sauce when making your own is quick and easy? This recipe is very adaptable, so I will give you the basics to start with. It can be modified with nuts, more sugar, cinnamon, or even apple chunks. Feel free to make it your own and proudly announce to your guests: The Cranberry Sauce is home-made!
Jersey Fresh Cranberry Sauce with a Splash of Grand Marnier
Fresh and delicious accompaniment to your Thanksgiving or Holiday table that is packed with flavor and nutrition.
Recipe by Gourmet Mari Chef
- 2-12 oz bags of Organic Jersey Fresh Cranberries, picked through and washed.
- ½ c. water
- ¾ c. sugar
- 1 tbsp. Grand Marnier
- Orange rind (reserve some for display)
- Place all the ingredients in a pot over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- After 5 minutes, remove about ½ c. of the cranberry sauce into another dish.
- Cook the rest for another 10-15 minutes, until thickened.
- Take off the heat and allow to cool.
- Place in a serving dish using the ½ c. firmly cooked cranberries as a topper.
- Use the reserved orange rind to display on your table.