So, flu season is peaking around now, and what can we do to protect ourselves? In addition to taking vitamins and not stressing, how about boosting up that ol’ immune system?
Finding nourishing foods is easy when the combined flavors are as delicious as this fresh salsa. We all know that garlic and jalapeños are very rich in antioxidants, so tonight, lets eat for our health!
Healthy Pico De Gallo
A fresh salsa made with wholesome and healthy ingredients.
Adapted from the Food Network Magazine January 2018 issue by Gourmetmarichef
- 12-16 ripe seeded cherry tomatoes (I used Village Farms® Cherry no. 9)
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped cilantro
- ½ small red onion, minced
- 1 finely chopped garlic clove
- 1 minced seeded jalepeño
- 1 juiced lime
- a few grinds to taste of kosher salt and pepper
- Combine all of the ingredients in a medium bowl. Taste and make additions if you like it spicier.
- Refrigerate for a few hours allowing the flavors to fuse.
- Drain excess liquid.
- Serve with your favorite tortilla chips, or use in recipes.
- Can be refrigerated up to 3 days if you aren’t using right away.