The only thing we can do about this eternal Winter weather is think and act Springlike. Even though the temperature reads freezing, I am making these ice cream sandwiches and keeping them in the freezer until next week when the temperature is going to climb a bit.
Hopefully, these treats inspire the weather to skip spring and go straight to an early summer!
Sugar cookie ice cream sandwiches to welcome Spring
Light and buttery flavored dairy-free sugar cookies sandwiched with a dollop of dairy-free vanilla ice cream.
Recipe written by Gourmetmarichef
- 2 2/3 c. flour
- 1 c. dairy-free butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp. dairy-free milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ c. course sugar for topping
preheat oven to 350°
- Using just one medium bowl for this easy recipe, hand mix all of the ingredients with a wooden spoon.
- When the dough becomes too difficult to mix with a spoon, start manually mixing by kneading the dough with your hands in the bowl.
- The dough should not be too dry. If it needs one more Tbsp. of dairy-free milk, add it.
- If you use a cookie press, don’t refrigerate. If you wish to roll the dough and cut shapes out, pre-chill for 1 hour.
- It’s alright if there is a bit of course sugar on the cookie sheet before placing cookies on it, the sugar makes the cookie have extra crispy edges!
- Before baking, pour a bit of course sugar on top of each cookie.
- Bake 11-14 minutes. Halfway through baking, turn the pan around to enable even baking.
- The cookies are done when slightly browned on the sides. They may still appear light in color, but the bottom is baked to perfection.
- Remove the cookies from the baking pan with a spatula immediately after they are done and are still warm. If you let them cool off on the pan, the spatula will crack them.
- The course sugar melts on the top and sides, and since I used the flower design, the center of the flower is a sugary treat.
- Enjoy for a dessert by themselves, or fill with any flavor ice-cream.