I think the Avocado season is in its peak about now. That works out perfectly for the upcoming Cinco de Mayo celebrations about to begin! It’s always best to pre-purchase your avocados when they aren’t ripe so you don’t have all of the bruising from the store shelf. They can be bought a few days in advance and will ripen nicely at home.
For those of us who love the ease of one bowl recipes, this one is perfect. Everyone attending parties and festivities commemorating Mexican culture and heritage on May 5th can easily create this guacamole in less than half an hour. Don’t forget the chips!
Easy to make Fork Smashed Avocado Guacamole
Chunky Style Guacamole Recipe that can easily be doubled or tripled according to how much you need.
Recipe by Gourmetmarichef
- 1 ripe organic avocado
- Juice of 2 lime wedges
- 5 slices of thinly cut red onion, chopped
- 2-4 (depending on your taste) slices of jalepeño, chopped
- washed and chopped organic cilantro
- 3 ripe cherry tomatoes chopped
- organic pink Himalayan sea salt and cracked pepper
- Slice the avocado in half all the way around and separate the halves.
- In a medium bowl, spoon out the avocado and add in the lime juice immediately to try and retain the color.
- With the back of any fork, smash the avocado until it is of the consistency you prefer.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and gently blend together.
- Cover the Guacamole with clear food wrap that is doubled and refrigerate not more than 1-2 hours before you eat. You can prevent oxidation by adding a few drops of lemon juice to the top of the guacamole before refrigerating. If it does oxidize, you can scrape away the darker area and eat the light green area.