Jersey Fresh cucumbers and carrots are in! Time to enjoy the harvest!
I love the convenience of the ‘bullet ‘style blenders on the market. Just drop all of your ingredients in the cup, twist on the blade, and click in the base! Not only does it make great hummus, but nutritious fruit smoothies are quick and easy every morning. I personally think every kitchen gotta have one!
Recipe by: Gourmetmarichef
- 1 can of rinsed and drained chickpeas, skins removed
- 1 minced clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ c. water
- ¼ tsp. cumin
- freshly ground sea salt and black pepper
- 1 tbsp. tahini
- 2 tbsps. lemon
- sprinkle of paprika
- Roll the chickpeas in between your fingers to work off the skin.
- Place the ingredients in the largest cup of your bullet style blender.
- Blend until smooth, you may need to add a bit more water for even blending.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of paprika.
- Enjoy with your freshly harvested garden veggies, as a sandwich spread, or a dip for chips.