Dairy allergies make cheese eating quite impossible. Once you realize that you feel better without dairy, the first thing to go is restaurant food, and the next is cheese.
I now have complete admiration for all of the vegan alternative cheese products out there, but many add weird ingredients and some aren’t even close to the flavor of cheese.
This recipe is not only quick and easy, the flavor is unbeatable. I’ve used a spoonful in my pasta, spread it on sandwiches, added as a pizza topping, and used as a chip dip.
If you already soaked the cashews overnight, it can be prepared in less than 10 minutes. It will satisfy your craving for cheese 100% and can be kept in the refrigerator all week, but believe me, it will be gone before the week is up!
Easy 4 ingredient Vegan Cheeze
Easy, fast, dairy-free, and delicious cheese replacement for vegan cheese cravings.
Recipe written by: Gourmetmarichef
- 1 cup of overnight soaked raw cashews, rinsed and dried off.
- ½ lemon, freshly squeezed.
- 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast.
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder, more or less to taste.
- freshly ground Himalayan sea salt and pepper to taste.
- ¼ c. or more of water.
I recommend using a bullet style blender because it mixes the cheeze very smooth. Alternatively, a small food processor will also work.
- Place all of the ingredients in a bullet-style food processor.
- Let the blades mix everything together, shaking it once in a while.
- It will be very thick and grainy at this point, so add in a bit more water to make it smoother. Just a tablespoon at a time is recommended, or it may get too watery.
- Keep shaking the ingredients and placing on the mount a few more times until it is smooth and the consistency of smooth peanut butter.
- Add in herbs, scallions, or any flavor you may like.
- Keeps in a sealed container in the refrigerator for a week.