The smoothness and creaminess of this frosting is surpassed only by the fantastic flavor. It is hard to believe that the recipe calls for only 3 ingredients! This tangy frosting can be used in place of Cream Cheese Recipe Frostings and has absolutely no dairy ingredients.
Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting
a smooth and creamy vegan cream cheese frosting that can be used with any cake, even the exquisite red velvet cake.
Frosting used on vegan red velvet cupcakes by Gourmetmarichef
- 1 8 ounce tub of Plain Vegan Cream Cheese Alternative (I used Trader Joe’s™)
- 4 cups more or less of confectioners sugar
- ½ c. vegan butter substitute
- Place all the ingredients in a mixing bowl, only adding one cup of confectioners sugar to begin with.
- With the electric mixer on its lowest setting, blend the ingredients, adding more confectioners sugar slowly. Stop adding the confectioners sugar when you have achieved the thickness you desire.
- Use on any cake, cupcake, or muffin recipe you have made. This frosting works great with the vegetable style cakes such as carrot, zucchini or pumpkin.