The springtime color palette is evident in the preparations of this delicious, nutritious salad. We only have a few more weeks until the many signs of spring take over and push the winter away. Let’s start getting out those pastels and brighten up the rest of winter!
Vegan Golden Beet Farro Salad
Nutritious Farro and oven roasted veggies combine to make an easy bring-along salad for your work week.
Recipe by Gourmetmarichef
- 1 ½ c. cooked farro
- 2 washed, peeled, and cubed golden beets
- 2 washed, peeled and cubed potatoes
- 1 ½ c. cubed butternut squash
- 2 c. segmented cauliflower
- 1 large cut up onion
- 2 tbsp. olive oil and 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper
- ¼ c. each of slivered almonds or pumpkin seeds and dried cranberries
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- ¼ tsp. basil
Pre-heat the oven to 375°
- In a large bowl, mix together the beets, potatoes, squash, cauliflower and onion with the olive oil and salt & pepper.
- On a large baking sheet, spread the vegetables out evenly and place in the oven right in the middle.
- Bake for a total of 40 minutes. Half-way through cooking, flip over the veggies for even browning.
- When the veggies are evenly browned, take them out of the oven.
- Place the farrow in a large mixing bowl and add in the roasted veggies with the almonds or pumpkin seeds and cranberries.
- In a mason jar, shake together the vinegar, oil, maple syrup a bit more salt and pepper if you prefer, and the basil.
- Pour the dressing over the farro salad and toss to coat everything.