This Vegan version of everyone’s favorite hand-held dinner is the perfect meal to serve alfresco this summer. Nearly all of the vegetables will be found at your local farm market. Just prep the ingredients on the grill, assemble, and serve. You can add garnishes of your own according to your taste, I listed a few garnishing ideas in my recipe. A healthy and delicious plant based summer meal is just a few minutes away.
Grillin' Fajitas in the Summer
A vegan version of a family favorite ∼ fajitas. A perfect alfresco meal to serve in the cool summer evenings.
Recipe by Gourmetmarichef
*make the guacamole and vegan cheeze sauce ahead of time, recipes are below
- 2 sliced bell peppers, I used a red and orange one
- 1 jalapeño thinly sliced
- 4 slices of onion
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms (if your farmer’s market doesn’t have any, you can use a package of pre-sliced baby bella mushrooms)
- 2 cleaned and seasoned corn cobs (brush with olive oil and chipotle seasoning)
- 1 serving of easy to make guacamole with or without tomatoes: fork smashed guacamole recipe
- 6-8 small white corn tortillas
- cilantro, sea salt, fresh ground pepper, cumin, salsa, or my easy vegan cheeze (just thin a little more to make it pour-able): Vegan Cheeze recipe
- ½ lime, juiced
Warm up the grill on medium heat
- Place the sliced veggies (peppers, onions, mushrooms) into a grill pan and season with salt, pepper, and cumin.
- Put the seasoned corn on the grill, turning after a few minutes.
- Cook the veggies and corn until softened, approximately 10-15 minutes on medium heat turning frequently.
- Take the veggies off the heat and place on the side.
- Put 6-8 small tortillas on the heat and flip over when warmed, stack on a plate and cover to keep warm and soft.
- Carefully cut the corn kernels off of the corn and add into the other veggies.
- Assemble the fajitas: Scoop the grilled veggies into the warm tortilla. Place a dollop of guacamole on top then garnish with a splash of lime, jalepeño, cilantro, salsa, black beans, pour-able vegan cheeze or any combination of toppings of your choice.
- Serve warm.