This year, our pear tree provided an abundant harvest! These pears are completely organic, we never sprayed the tree, and some are ugly but taste fantastic. I am using them all in recipes and eating them just as they are. These Baked Pears are a great accompaniment to your morning yogurt or after dinner for dessert. For this recipe, I used 100% Vermont Maple syrup for the best flavor. Best of all, this recipe is 100% vegan (just use dairy-free ice cream or none at all.)
Maple Walnut Baked Pears
Naturally sweet with a crunchy middle, these baked pears are a fantastic Vegan dessert with or without dairy-free ice cream.
Recipe by Gourmetmarichef
- 6 washed, dried, cored and cut in half ripe pears
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ c. maple syrup
- ½ c. chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 350°
- Place the halved pears on a small baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and pour on the maple syrup
- Fill in the cavity with chopped walnuts.
- Place the pan in the middle of the oven for 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven when the pears soften.
- Enjoy with ice cream or plain.