Soft pumpkin cookies with a fabulous sweet cream cheese frosting. They are unbelievably completely dairy-free. Time to indulge!
Frosted Pumpkin Cookies
Pumpkin Spiced Soft Cookies are a great treat any time of the day.
Recipe by Gourmetmarichef
- 2 ½ c. flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ½ c. butter substitute
- ½ c. brown sugar
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 1 ¼ c. canned pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon for sprinkling
- home-made Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting
Preheat oven to 350°
- In a large mixing bowl, sift the first 5 ingredients together, and put aside.
- In the bowl of a mixer, combine the dairy-free butter and sugars, mixing until light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg, pumpkin puree, and vanilla to the mixer bowl and beat on medium speed until combined.
- Drop on a cookie sheet using a tablespoon or small ice cream scoop. Flatten the dough a bit.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the cookies are slightly browned.
- Transfer them to a wire rack to cool.
- Frost the cookies with the vegan cream cheese frosting, or drizzle the frosting by adding a small amount of dairy-free milk substitute to thin out a bit. You can also just sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Sprinkle some cinnamon on top if you like.
- Keep refrigerated, removing an hour before serving.