I am always looking for a great side salad to accompany my meal. Recently while leafing through a Food Network Magazine for inspiration, this light and tasty slaw took old fashioned coleslaw to a different level. Using shaved Brussels Sprouts, apples, and brown rice, it will make any meal taste better, while adding healthy vitamins and nutrition. Best of all, the Sprouts don’t have to be hand sliced, just use the shredding blade on your food processor and within a few minutes, this healthy side salad will be meal-ready.
Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad
A healthy and delicious addition to lunch or dinner and it's ready in minutes.
- 4 c. Brussels Sprouts shredded
- 1 c. cooked brown rice
- 1 sliced cored apple, julienned
- 2 tbsp. parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ c. extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ c. apple cider vinegar
- 1 lemon freshly juiced
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. freshly grated ginger
- 2 tbsp. agave
- 2 tbsp. sliced almonds
- In a mason jar, add the olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, ginger, agave, and mustard. Place the lid on the jar and shake until blended.
- Place the Brussels Sprouts, apples, rice and almonds in a large bowl and pour the dressing over everything. Season with salt, pepper and parsley and toss to blend.