This vegan salad is a great source of protein and fiber is also healthy and delicious. It actually tastes even better the day after preparation and is easy to bring to any special occasion.
Red Quinoa & Avocado Ensalada
A super fresh, light, and delicious recipe thats perfect year-round.
Recipe on the package of Earthly Choice™ Organic Red Quinoa and adapted by Gourmetmarichef
- 1 c. uncooked Nature’s Earthly Choice™ Red Quinoa
- 1 small can each black beans and corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 chopped red pepper
- 2 chopped green onions
- ½ c. chopped fresh cilantro, save a bit for garnishing
- 1 ripe, cubed avocado
- 2 juiced limes
- 1 minced clove of garlic
- ¼ c. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp. each: salt, freshly ground black pepper, and cumin
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions.
- While the quinoa is cooking, chop the vegetables and prepare the dressing.
- Place the dressing ingredients in a mason jar and shake vigorously.
- Add the beans, corn, and the rest of the vegetables, herbs and seasonings to the cooked quinoa.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss until thoroughly mixed.
- Give it a taste, and add more seasonings to your preference.
- Add the avocado just before serving. Add a dash of hot sauce, or jalepeño if you like heat. Garnish with some of the cilantro.