Using fresh, organic basil, this homemade pesto is an immunity booster just when we all can use one. Making a small batch of pesto with a pestle and mortar results in a fresher batch. This ancient method of food preparation creates less oxidation on the leaves than a food processor resulting in a pesto that’s lighter and greener and in my opinion, healthier.
Basil Leaf Pesto
Using the old fashioned method of pestle and mortar, this organic basil pesto adds anti-oxidants and flavor to all of your recipes.
recipe by: Gourmetmarichef
- 25-30 basil leaves
- 1 toasted garlic clove
- 1 tsp. toasted pine nuts
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt to taste
- Place the basil leaves in the pestle and mortar with the salt.
- Crush them a bit and add in the garlic and pine nuts with some of the oil.
- Add in more oil as you need it until the mixture is blended.
- Some leaves will still remain and that is fine.
- Use this pesto on all foods.