Whisk up this delicious and minimalist lemon cake in minutes. No need for fancy ingredients, just very basic pantry items will do. This cake has just the right amount of lemon to perk up your morning coffee.
12 Spoon Lemon Cake
a pillow soft white cake laced with lemony flavor that takes minimal ingredients and time.
Recipe seen on Cookist.it and modified by Gourmetmarichef
- 12 tbsp. flour
- 12 tbsp. sugar
- 12 tbsp. canola oil
- 12 tbsp. plant-based milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- juice and zest of ½ a lemon + 3 tbsp. extra for lemon drizzle
- 1 c. powdered sugar
preheat the oven to 350°
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar until well blended. You can use an electric mixer if you prefer.
- Add in the milk, oil, flour, and baking powder and keep whisking for a few minutes until the batter is frothy and light.
- Finally, gently add in the lemon juice and zest.
- Pour the batter into any well greased tube or spring form pan and bake for 25 minutes. The cake is done when it springs back when touched.
- Lemony drizzle: In a small bowl, add 3 tbsp. lemon juice to 1 c. powdered sugar. Drizzle over the cake.