If you are a baker like me, most of these ingredients will be in your pantry already. The recipe is easy enough for kids to help. Best of all, I didn’t have to make a special run to the store for fresh blueberries, I used up some frozen organic blueberries that I had in my freezer. These extra large muffins are topped with crumbs, but can also just be topped with course sugar or plain.
Dairy Free Jumbo Blueberry Muffins
Extra large blueberry filled muffins from your very own kitchen in less than 1 hour.
Recipe by: Gourmetmarichef
- 1 ½ c. unbleached and organic flour
- 1 egg
- ¾ c. sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ c. almond milk or any dairy free milk substitute
- 1/3 c. canola oil
- 1 c. frozen blueberries
- course sugar for topping (if you decide not to use the crumb topping)
optional crumb topping:
- 1/3 c. flour
- ¼ c. butter substitute
- ½ c. sugar (course works best)
- 1 ½ tsp. cinnamon
preheat oven to 375°
If you are using the crumb topping, skip to step 5 first so it is ready to sprinkle on the batter.
- Prepare muffin liners as per package directions.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all of the dry ingredients together and make a well in the center.
- Place the oil, egg, and dairy-free milk in the center of the flour mixture and mix together. The batter will be thick.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Crumb topping: In a small bowl, mix the sugar, flour, and cinnamon, and dairy-free butter together, using a fork to make the crumbs.
- Spoon the crumb topping over the muffins before baking, or just sprinkle course sugar on top of the batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until they are slightly browned and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.