GLAZED CARROTS AND GREEN WITH RIGHT RICE These Farmer’s Market carrots roasted with beet greens and Right Rice® are so nutritious and filling just a small serving stands alone as a meal.
I’m sure you are wondering what is Right Rice® and how is it different than your basic rice that is on the grocer’s shelf. It is a very nutritious grain sized plant based rice blend that is composed of lentils, and chickpeas, and has less carbs and lots more protein and fiber. Best of all, it is much quicker and easier to cook than actual rice. There are a few varieties to choose from, but for this dish I chose to use the original flavor. I especially like using this vegetable enriched rice because it is Vegan and Gluten Free. Give it a try yourself, your health will love it.
Farm to Table Glazed Carrots and Greens with Right Rice®
Nutritious and delicious plant based side dish packed with protein and fiber.
recipe by Gourmetmarichef
- 2 handfuls (about 3 oz.) rinsed beet greens, baby kale, or baby spinach
- 2 pounds of thoroughly washed Farmer’s Market Carrots cut on a ¼” diagonal
- 3 finely chopped cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp. Myiokos® dairy free butter
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. honey
- ¼ tsp. salt and pepper
- 1 c. cooked Right Rice® (original)
preheat oven to 350°
- Melt the butter over a low flame, adding in the extra virgin olive oil and garlic.
- Saute the garlic until slightly browned then remove from the heat.
- Stir in the honey until combined.
- Place the carrots, and greens of your choice on a greased baking sheet and toss them with the butter sauce while seasoning with salt and pepper, positioning everything flat in one layer on the pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, tossing with a spatula half way through cooking.
- Take out of the oven and gently toss the cooked Right Rice® in the pan while warm to incorporate all the flavors with the rice.
- Serve warm or chilled the next day. Travels great to picnics and summer gatherings.