SUMMER VEGETABLE QUESADILLAS It’s great to have friends who garden and share their bounty. But as any gardener knows, you usually end up with so many veggies at once, you need to find quick and easy farm to table recipes or risk losing them.
These summer quesadillas can be made on the stove or outside on your grill if you don’t want to heat up the kitchen.
Summer Vegetable Quesadillas
A great recipe when you want to use up all of your summer garden vegetables.
Recipe by: Gourmetmarichef
- 1 cut up small green zucchini
- 1 cut up small yellow zucchini
- 1 any color pepper chopped into slivers
- ½ onion cut into slices
- 2 Portobello mushrooms sliced into slivers
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ bunch of washed, chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 c. each Daiya® shredded mozzarella and Daiya® pepper jack shreds
- 1 package Mission® Organic Whole Wheat Tortillas
warm up the grill to a medium heat
- Place the cut up veggies in a bowl and mix them with the olive oil, salt and pepper.
- In a barbecue safe pan, gently saute the vegetables until soft, and remove from heat. (Use any pan if cooking on a stove top.)
- Place a cast iron pan or griddle on the grill and let it warm up. Lightly oil the pan.
- Place one tortilla on the warm pan.
- On one side of the tortilla, sprinkle some of the dairy free cheese shreds and a few scoops of grilled vegetables. Top it off with a bit more dairy free cheese and chopped fresh cilantro.
- Fold the other half on top to close and cook for 2-3 minute on each side, flattening the quesadilla with a spatula. It will be done when it is toasty and the ‘cheese’ inside is melted.
- Serve with salsa, guacamole, or sour cream
∗As an alternative to the vegan version, you can add in chopped cooked chicken breast pieces between the layers.