Simple and easy summer recipes aren’t always pasta salads and hamburgers. Wraps have all of the taste and healthy nutrition needed for a quick and portable picnic lunch or a late, light and tasty dinner al fresco under the stars on the patio. The best part of this recipe is the quick and easy cannellini bean mayonnaise that is much healthier and allergen friendly. Enjoy the rest of the summer, the cool mornings mean fall is right around the corner.
Cajun chicken wrap with quick and easy white bean mayonnaise
light and nutritious summer wrap that is great for a picnic or light dinner 'al fresco'.
Recipe by Gourmetmarichef
- 2 chicken breasts cut up into chunky slivers
- ¼ tsp. each salt, paprika, powdered garlic, and powdered onion (feel free to kick it up a notch with cayenne pepper, chili flakes, etc. to your taste)
- 1 slivered ripe tomato
- 1 washed head of butter lettuce
- 1 red pepper
- ½ c. white bean “mayo” spread
Warm the grill on medium heat
- In a small jar, mix together the spices and sprinkle the mixture on the cut up chicken breasts.
- Place the red pepper on the grill, turning over so each side roasts and gets blackened.
- While the pepper is grilling, place the chicken on the grill and cook for a few minutes, carefully turning on all sides.
- Remove the pepper from the grill, and place into a plastic baggie, allowing the pepper to sweat.
- When the chicken is cooked, remove from the grill and allow to cool.
- Peel the skin off the pepper and slice into slivers.
- Assemble the wrap: Spread the “mayo” on the wrap, assemble all the veggies and chicken on top, and roll up.
- If you are going on a picnic, leave them whole, and wrap them in plastic wrap and then foil. Place in a cooler with ice packs.