Summer cuisine is synonymous with less time in the kitchen, and more time spent outdoors eating lighter and nutritious meals that won’t weigh you down. Traveling with a picnic cooler and plenty of food on ice is necessary in order to happily arrive at your destination. Using vegan mayonnaise in your dishes gives you the relief that there aren’t any highly perishable eggs in the mayo to spoil your terrific picnic dishes, and there are more added benefits: it is dairy-free, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, and plant based.
Quick and Easy Vegan Cannellini Bean Mayonnaise
A light and delicious Vegan alternative to egg based mayonnaise that is better for you.
recipe by Gourmetmarichef
- 1 15 oz. can of cooked cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 c. canola oil
- 1 tbsp. white distilled vinegar
- 2 tbsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. dry mustard
- ½ tsp. salt
- In a bullet style blender, place all of the ingredients and screw on the base.
- Shake the ingredients vigorously before placing the cup on the base to blend.
- Blend for 15 seconds, remove and shake the ingredients again, letting the thickening smooth bean blend settle.
- Repeat this process 3 times until the bean mayonnaise is smooth.
- Allow the vegan mayonnaise to cool before using.