Dairy-free desserts are extremely difficult to find in regular grocery stores. The gourmet stores sell them, but most have a list of ingredients and preservatives that give an off flavor and ruin the dessert experience. I have made 2 highly popular natural vegan cheesecake recipes, both using a crumb crust, and both are absolutely delicious: Vegan Cheesecake Bites and Simple Vegan Cheesecake
This recipe incorporates blackberry sauce into the recipe and I modified the crust using a dates and walnuts in place of the crumb crust so these mini-cheesecake bites are gluten free and vegan.
Mini Raspberry Vegan Cheescakes
No-Bake, Vegan, Dairy-free, and Gluten-free dessert made with minimal fresh ingredients, no preservatives.
Recipe by: Gourmetmarichef
- 1 ½ c. soaked* raw cashews (Quick soaked in hot water for 15 minutes, rinse, discard water and allow to cool.)
- ¼ c. fresh lemon juice
- 1 13.5 oz. can of full fat coconut milk. Use only the solid, save the liquid.
- 1/3 c. melted coconut oil
- ½ c. agave nectar
- 1/2 c. fresh blackberries
- 1 tbsp. coconut sugar and 1 tbsp. water
- Simmer the blackberries, sugar and water in a small pot on low for 15 minutes until the berries are soft. Strain, saving the sauce.
- Place the first 5 ingredients in a blender, and pulse, then liquefy. It may take 6-7 minutes to become smooth like thinned cream cheese. If it becomes too thick, add in a few drops of the saved coconut milk liquid.
- When the vegan cheese filling is creamy and smooth, remove half, and place in the refrigerator. Stir some of the blackberry sauce into the remaining filling in the food processor and blend. You can swirl the rest of the sauce on the top of the mini cheesecakes with a toothpick.
- 1 c. soft, packed, pitted dates
- 1 c. raw walnuts
- Place the ingredients in a food processor for a few minutes until it forms a crumbly ball. It will be sticky.
- Line mini tarts pans with strips of parchment paper to make the mini cheesecake removal easier.
- Place a small ball of crust in the bottom of the muffin tins, tamping it down with a parchment lined small glass.
- Place in the freezer for a few minutes.
- Prepare the mini cheesecakes by scooping the cooled off filling into each lined cake tin. Start with the white filling, and top with the blackberry filling.
- Freeze. Before serving, defrost for 15 minutes, then gently remove from the pan. Serve cold.