This twist on the basic Italian tomato Bruschetta makes a great use of the fig harvest that comes in all at once. Don’t get me wrong, fresh figs are delicious just the way they are, but there are always a few that get picked with slight imperfections and they are the ones that don’t get eaten right away. The recipe for this Bruschetta is simple, and transforms the figs into a zesty, tangy treat especially accompanied with my homemade Easy 4 Ingredient Vegan Cheeze .
Balsamic Glazed Fresh Fig Bruschetta Antipasto
Fresh fig appetizer paired with dairy-free cheese spread on toasted rustic Italian Bread for a summer treat.
recipe by: Gourmetmarichef
- 6 gently washed and dried ripe fresh figs
- 1 sliced Italian Brick Oven bread
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 c. cheese spread (vegan if you choose)
- Chop the figs into bite-sized pieces
- Place the figs into a bowl and season with the salt and pepper.
- Drizzle on the balsamic vinegar and gently stir to incorporate all ingredients.
- Refrigerate while you prepare the toasted bread slices.
- Grill, toast, or oven bake the bread slices, brushing them first with the olive oil.
- For best results, only top the toast when ready to serve to avoid soggy toasts.
- First spread on the cheese of your choice. Then top with the marinated figs. Use variations such as a layer of micro-greens, or top with chopped pistachios.
- Serve immediately.