Nothing can compare to the flavor of homemade applesauce. It doesn’t take long to prepare, and tastes much fresher than store-bought. Of course, not everyone is a fan of the sweetened version, and you can decide if you want to sweeten or spice up the flavor with cinnamon. The result is a delicious, fresh, quick and easy applesauce that can be made a few days before you serve it!
Unsweetened Homemade Applesauce
Fresh, easy, and delicious applesauce for even the most picky eaters.
Recipe by Gourmetmarichef
- 3 Organic Gala Apples, washed, peeled, cored and sliced.
- 1/3 c. water
- option-cinnamon and sugar to taste
- In a medium pot, place the sliced apples and water. If you like cinnamon/sugar, add a little to your taste.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 15-25 minutes, until the apples are very soft.
- After the apples cool for a few minutes, drain off the excess water in a strainer.
- Place the apples back in the pot, and mash with a potato masher which will leave a few chunks, or puree in a blender on low for a smoother result.
- Store in a mason jar in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.