CINNAMON SUGAR APPLE CIDER CAKE
Apple cider donuts are a delicious treat, so imagine having an entire cake to enjoy? It’s not just for breakfast, but for mid-morning brunch, a snack, or even dessert and completely dairy-free.
Cinnamon Sugar Apple Cider Cake
Apple cider donut flavor in a cinnamon sugar coated cake.
recipe by: Gourmetmarichef
- 3 c. all-purpose flour + more for pan dusting
- 1 c. apple cider
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tbsp. plant-based dairy free butter
- ¾ c. canola oil
- ¾ c. unsweetened applesauce (I used my Unsweetened Homemade Applesauce )
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. fine sea salt
- 1 ½ c. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
cinnamon sugar for coating the cake
- ½ c. sugar
- 1 ½ tsp. cinnamon
preheat oven to 350°
- Using 1 tbsp. of the dairy-free butter, coat the Bundt-style cake pan and dust flour over the surface.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in a large bowl: flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a different medium bowl, hand whisk the sugar, oil, egg, cider, applesauce, and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mixing until combined.
- Pour the batter into the greased and floured pan.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- After the cake cools for 10 minutes, gently remove from the pan and let it cool completely.
- Melt the dairy-free butter in the microwave for 15 seconds. Brush the entire cake surface with the butter.
- Generously apply the cinnamon sugar all over the cake, even all the sides just like a cinnamon sugar apple cider donut.